Every city has its own horrible history. Each week hosts Emily Barlean and Rachel Everett will venture to two new cities and do a deep dive into a piece of history that you won’t read about in the travel brochures – all the horrible, tragic and traumatic things that have happened in the history of the world.
Every week, your hosts share two new episodes.
- Horrible History: we visit two new cities each week to cover horrible stories, as long as they are older than 1987 (which is what Emily and Rachel define as “history”).
- Terrible Today: a mini-episode and light-hearted show that covers terrible crimes and stupid criminals from the more recent past.
Patreon subscribers also have access to loads of premium content.
- Happy Hour with Horrible History: For $5 and up patrons, Happy Hour is a lighter-hearted episode where we do a deeper dive into a topic that came up during the main episode (like, how do you embalm a body? what other types of clothes killed people?). For $10 and up patrons, 4H is on video!
- Where In the World Is Horrible History: For $5 and up patrons, Where In the World is a travel-themed episode where the hosts cover travel stories – some of their own, some from listeners, and some from the interwebs. For $10 and up, Where In the World is on video!
- Hot Horrible Minute: For $10 and up patrons only, Hot Horrible Minute is a monthly roundup of witty banter from your favorite hosts. Think Emily’s horrible dating experiences and tales of Rachel’s tiny sociopaths (er, toddlers).
Meet Your Co-Host: EmilyVice President, Internal Communications for a global PR firm. Recently moved to Omaha, NE after 12 years in St. Louis, MO. Oldest child (one brother). INFJ. Type 3 enneagram.
These are a few of my favorite things: baking, cooking, Criminal Minds, my cats (I have 3), traveling to far-flung places, trying new restaurants, my family and friends, summertime, DIY, gardening, true crime podcasts, wine and coffee!
Meet Your Co-Host: RachelLicensed Marriage and Family Therapist. Lives in Colorado Springs, CO. Mom to two very adorable littles. Oldest child (twin brothers). ENFJ. Type 3 enneagram.
These are a few of my favorite things: baking, yoga, true crime podcasts, my rescue pets (I have 3), decorating, bourbon, wine, coffee, Spencer Reid, burritos/tacos, traveling, research and my friends and family!