This week Emily and Rachel take you on an oral vacation to Europe. First Rachel heads to Copenhagen, Denmark (her family’s motherland!) to tell the tragic tale of Queen Caroline Matilda – exiled wife of King Christian the VII. Then, Emily heads back to Edinburgh to share the story of Dr. Robert Liston, the only surgeon to hold the title of a 300% mortality rate in one surgery (math!). Plus, Emily almost makes Rachel faint by sharing some gruesome details about the state of medicine in the 1800s. Hopefully, you’re horrified.
Content/Trigger Warnings: Gruesome violence, descriptive medical content
- Instagram: @horriblehistorypod
- TikTok: @horriblehistorypod
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Support the Show:
- Buy Us a Coffee – www.buymeacoffee.com/horriblehistory
- Patreon – www.patreon.com/horriblehistory
- Help this little podcast grow! $5 and up Patrons get early access, plus access to Happy Hour with Horrible History.
- All That’s Interesting
- Washington Post
- Copenhagen Traveler
- Visit Copenhagen
- Creative Historian
Intro Music: “Creeper” – Oliver Lyu